Terms and Conditions
Attendee Terms and Conditions
The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to aid in the smooth running of the event and enable us to provide an enjoyable and safe weekend for all.
All Q-Con attendees MUST agree to and confirm acceptance (by signing or clicking) of these Terms and Conditions for pre-registrations to be valid.
- Q-Con is a non smoking event. Smoking is prohibited in the venue.
- In all Q-Con events the decisions of appointed officials are final.
- All attendees should treat each other with respect while at Q-Con.
- Anyone bringing personal belongings to Q-Con do so at their own risk. Q-Con accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged personal belongings.
- Photo and video recordings will be taken during the event by authorised Q-Con staff. Recordings will be used for promotional purposes by Q-Con. No specific footage of any individual will be used without prior consent.
- No attendees should involve themselves in disorderly or disruptive behaviour at Q-Con.
- All attendees must comply with the instructions of the event and venue staff at all times when attending Q-Con.
- All attendees must comply with all convention signs and notices while at the event.
- Attendees should not leave the designated convention areas except in the case of an emergency evacuation.
- Attendees under 12 years of age must be escorted at all times by their parent or guardian.
- Use of the convention bar facilities, participation in activities suitable for over 18s, and entrance to the venue after 9pm is restricted to over 18s. Attendees should bring a valid, recognised form of identification with them if they want to guarantee access to these aspects of the convention.
- Timetabled events may be cancelled or rescheduled due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this happen, competition registration fees will be refunded and a range of alternative events will be provided.
- Q-Con accepts no liability for losses incurred through any errors and omissions within this document or the Q-Con convention booklet.
- Any attendee seeking to cancel their registration acknowledges that no refund will be possible, except under extenuating circumstances and at the discretion of the Q-Con Committee.
- All attendees of the video screenings must ensure that their mobile telephones are switched off. We also insist that there is no disruptive talking or other distractions caused.
- All attendees must display their Q-Con Badge at all times. This ensures that everyone can be easily identified as participant or staff.
- All purchases from traders or artists are transactions between the seller and attendee. Q-Con accepts no liability for any merchandise, foodstuffs or other items purchased at the convention.
- Any attendees bringing replica weapons, costumes or other props must ensure that they are safe, securable and easily carried without assistance or interference to other attendees or staff.
- Attendees may not connect to or otherwise interfere with the venue’s power points or data network.
- Personal data collected may be used for advertising future Q-Con events, or to contact you about tournaments you have signed up for, but will not be sold or otherwise passed on to third parties.
- The convention organisers reserve the right to revoke attendance at any time.
- Serious breaches of convention policy will result in those involved being asked to leave the event. No refund will be given. In instances where criminal law has been broken the police may be called.
Accommodation Terms and Conditions
Please see the Accommodation page